Akshay Kumar: If you don’t smooch, you lose

http://www.gobollywood.com/wallpapers/28221-3/0002.jpgDo you think Kambakkht Ishq (KI) will please audiences?
People are hungry to be entertained. But they see a movie
because they want to, not because they have to. 8x10 was the last movie to release before the strike started, yet that didn’t make the crowds fall in. It’s totally up to what they see is right in the ingredients that make a movie.

KI is reportedly a remake of the Tamil film Pammal K Sambandam ...
How can it be a remake? When I first saw the movie I thought I’d never seen an Indian film like it. Not only was the script well written, but also most of the screenplay was spontaneous madness. I’m sorry you can’t take this film away from any of its artistes. This is Sabir Khan’s and Anvita Dutt’s little baby.

In real life, you are not an MCP, but where women are concerned, your charm and sex appeal cut across age groups.
Believe me, I’m not that irresistible. It’s all because of my father that I know how to treat women. It’s been one of my biggest blessings in life. Women like me, adore the honest gentleman in me who makes them laugh and feel wanted and comfortable. I don’t throw my weight around. I only throw my arms around (laughs). As for my sex appeal, I don’t know where that lies. I can’t answer that. Most women like menwho take care of themselves. I’m worried my wife will leave me the day I let myself go!

You’re often dragged into controversies. Does this come with the territory?
I’m fully aware people like to voice their opinions and make themselves heard. Fair enough, it’s their choice. Do you think complaining about it is going to make them stop? Hell, no! So, all I say is, if people think it’s important enough to cry about, then one must be important enough to cry over, don’t you think? I remember the days when no one gave a toss about what I said. Now, they pay attention to every word I say. Don’t know which is worse!

Are you going to take them on?
Oh, I never play them at their own games. I don’t need to stoop so low to get somewhere in life. But if you play with fire, you’ve to be prepared to get burnt. But I don’t agree with messing with people’s careers or families, no matter what ...

First Kylie Minogue, then WWE star Kane. What makes your place such a hot destination?
I have a good cook and feel these people need to be fed! When people show an interest in my work or in my industry, I like them to taste true Indian hospitality and give them something to take back.I open my doors to everyone with good intentions. Plus, I’m proud of the home my wife has created. What’s wrong with a few luncheons here and there?

Denise Richards endorsed your smooching skills...
Well if you don’t smooch, you lose! Like I said earlier, I know how to treat the ladies. You’ve to make them feel special. Women really aren’t that difficult, you just give them what they want and you’ll be fine. They deserve it for just being women, I think.

After parkour, what’s your latest craze?
The Hula Hoop ... When there’s no gym for miles around, I whip out my Hula Hoop and Hula until I can Hula no more.

Aarav, a chip off the old block?
Yeah, he takes after me in the crazy department, for sure. Give him a wall he’ll jump off it, hold out your arm and he’ll punch it. Twinkle loves this adventurous streak in him. Even my sister’s daughter is as action packed as my son Aarav. Danger seems to run thicker than blood in my family.

Trisha is doing Khatta Meetta with you...
Yeah, she’s definitely signed for our movie. Kind of looking forward to working with Priyadarsan, who has a different take on Indian cinema. It was Priyadarsan’s idea to have her. And what he says goes, and it works every time ...

What’s the riskiest thing you’ve done so far?
Get married! It was the biggest jump of my life. But what I love is, is that this jump will never end. It’s a thrill I get to enjoy forever. All my other stunts are over in a flash.

What gets AK so high in life?
I know where the ground is!

Your elixir of youth ...
Live life like a child. Our bodies are our temples. Keep your temple clean and cared for and you’ll look as young as the Chinese ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment